Do you have a kayak and you are looking at getting a roof rack for your car because it has no rails? Worry no more. In this post, we will take you through a list of the best Kayak Roof Rack For Cars Without Rails, We will take you through their pros and cons. Ready? Let’s go!
5 BEST KAYAK ROOF RACK FOR CARS WITHOUT RAILS
Malone 50-inch VersaRail bare-roof cross-rail system
The Malone 50-inch VersaRail bare-roof cross rail systems enable cars without rails essily transpost kayaks, bikes, etc.. It is very easy to install on all cars.
Malone 50-inch roof rack for cars is made of coated steels, abrasion resistant twin suction towers, plus an attached strap of 1.5 which prevent it from rusting.
• NOISELESS And Stable at Freeway Speeds- it is incredibly sturdy on the roof. Firmly secured at highway speeds with no movement and NO NOISE
• Rust-resistance-Coated steel bars, rust-resistant, abrasion-resistant dual suction towers
• Strongly Built- the suction cups (2 on each leg) are strongly built and give a lot of surface on the roof to spread and to carry the load without endangering the car roof.
• Easy Installation-Easy to put onto and take off of the car.
2. ALAVENTE 43.5″-47″
ALAVENTE is one of our favorite roof racks. It’s also very easy to install and it is hooked directly to the side of the window frame. Avalante roof rack for cars without rails also comes a lock to prevent it from being stolen.
- Brand- ALAVENT
- Product Dimensions-44.1 pounds x inches
- Exterior- Metallic Finish
- Comes with a Lock
- Durability- 2 Years Warranty.
- Load capacity- 75KG/150LBS
- Protection-with anti-theft lock
- Length- 110cm can extendable to 118cm
3. ROOF KAYAK CARRIER FOAM BLOCK
How about strapping a foam on your car for easy transportation of your kayak? Sounds great? Roof kayak carrier foam block is specifically made for boat builders and distribution partners. It is made with foam, strong polypropylene rope and buckles that withstand whatever the car is conveying.
This kit provides everything you need for safe, easy transportation of your kayak with cars without rails. It can also be removed easily without disfiguring the car.
- Doesn’t damage the car or the kayak. Keeps everything in good shape.
- They are strong and secure
- Two straps with adjusting buckles and clips
- Foam Blocks
- 15-feet of polypropylene ropes
- The lightweight foam blocks are dense and will support any size, weight, or shape kayak you can put on them without a problem.
4. Malone Handirack Inflatable Rack System
Inflatable Roof Racks like that of Malone requires inflation before they can be used. They can be easily installed in a couple of minutes can be used to transport kayaks, surfboards, paddleboard, snowboard or any cargo weighing up to 180 lbs on cars without rails.
- Universal Fit- can be used on all cars.
- Easy to use
- Easy installation
- Comes in a travel bag including straps and air pump
- Weight capacity: 180lbs
- Has a warranty of one year
5. APEX RCB-3745-U UNIVERSAL STRAP-ATTACHED ROOF CROSSBARS
A roof without rails should use a system like the Apex RCB-3745-U strap attached roof crossbars. These straps are used by passing them through your car’s doors and this method is applicable for only cars with a four-door, or a four-window vehicle.
- The set includes 1 pair of 48″W roof bars
- Quick vehicle attachment and removal
- Protective rubber end-caps and non-mar rubber feet
- Sturdy steel tube construction
- Black & gray textured finish
- Sturdy steel tube construction
- The rubber feet and end caps must be adhered to the rack to be usable
- Works with a couple modifications
What is a Roof Rack?
A roof rack is a group of poles placed on the roof of a motor car. It is majorly used to carrying large items like canoes, skis, kayaks and other luggage.
These are the components of a roof rack:
These are two poles that are across the length of the car roof, which allow you to place your kayak, skis, bike, cargo boxes straight at the of your car. Crossbars are designed to support the weight of these we have mentioned. We have different types of crossbars and they are namely;
- Yakima:- this is round in shape
- Thule and Inno:-square in shape
These carry the weight of the load on your roof, the firmness of the rack depends on how the feet are being installed. Some come with a lock and some towers have keys which are sold separately.
Automobile roof racks are in different types because there are different car roofs:
- Bare Roof – many modern vehicles, which do not have gutters, can have a roof rack installed by attaching hooks to the top of the door frames.
- Fixed Point – some automobiles have screwed holes which make fixing easy.
- Side Rails – vehicles with factory-installed rails, which may be fixed against the roof or raised off of the roof, running front-to-back on the roof.
- Factory Bars – other vehicles have a factory-installed permanent roof rack.
- Rain Gutter – older roof racks were usually placed directly to the gutter surrounding the roof line.
What is a Rail?
This is bar or series of bars fixed on upright supports or attached to a roof of a car, serving as part of a barrier or used to hang things on.
BEFORE BUYING A ROOF RACK For Cars Without Rails
Before buying a roof rack for your, there a few things you must know before grabbing one.
Will it fit my kind of car?
you must consider the shape o the roof of your car. Brands like Yakima and Thule have a solution for most cars but at Bestkayak we have varieties of roof racks.
For the fact a roof rack is expensive doesn’t qualify it as the best of all. At Bestkayaks, products are affordable in order to maintain a friendly environment.
What do you intend to use it for? Many people buy it because they need it to carry their kayaks, skis, cargo. It is affordable compared to renting a van.
At this point, we believe you now understand how kayak roof rack works for cars without rail and should be able to get the most suitable one.